Careers at McRae Integration
McRae Integration Ltd. seeks out highly competent individuals with integrity who are able to work well with others and become an important addition to a customer's team. If you are interested in any of the listed positions, please submit your resume to email@example.com with a cover letter telling us about yourself and your ideas.
Senior Project Manager
McRae is looking for an experienced strategic Senior Project Manager to join our high performing team of professional engineers and specialists working in the food, beverage and brewing industries. Reporting directly to the Director, Project Services you will have a background leading teams in executing strategic, multidiscipline projects within one or more of the above industry sectors.
You will possess diverse management and technical skills, operational and process systems understanding, complimented with a willingness and ability to dive into technical details. Refined communication, organizational, project management and negotiation skills are essential. Must demonstrate delivery of successful projects that ensure customer satisfaction.
If you are a strong Project Manager, who works effectively in the concept, feasibility, development and execution phases both independently and as part of a team, then we would like to hear from you.
Complete Life Cycle Project Management of projects ranging from $1M - $200M
- Management: directly and indirectly lead a variety of internal, external and customer project team members.
- Gather Project Requirements: based on customer and stakeholder requests and information.
- Establish Design Specifications: establish conceptual design parameters. Participate and coordinate meetings with the customer and equipment vendors to outline solutions and finalize the complete design.
- Develop Project Deliverables: solidify the outcome of the project: i.e. what equipment will be in place; what technical requirements need to be met, etc.
- Create Project Budgets: in partnership with the customer obtain official approval to invest an exact amount of capital funds. Budget creation through the gathering and prudent assessment of estimates provided by 3rd party vendors and/or contractors.
- Develop and Manage Project Schedule Timelines & Milestones from Start to Finish: ensure all equipment and service deliverables can be purchased, scheduled and implemented in alignment to meeting the official launch date. Create both detailed and key milestone schedules and be able to communicate to team members and stakeholders alike.
- Create, Issue & Award Tenders: 3-step process with the last step (award) typically done as a joint venture with the customer and their purchasing department (e.g. price negotiation, SLAs etc.)
- Overall Execution: organize and manage all installation activities i.e. dates of equipment delivery; identifying each step for installation; project schedule attainment; managing and updating project plan, keeping key stakeholders abreast of any changes to the plan, etc.
- Construction Management: on-site management when all equipment arrives and the contractors are on site. Daily supervision of all contractors and overall site activities is required.
- Start-Up & Commissioning: go-live point where all equipment has been installed and is ready to begin production. Work with the vendors and provide technical assistance to troubleshoot equipment commissioning.
- Final Acceptance & Project Closure: assist in the site acceptance tests to ensure all equipment and systems meet the performance guarantees originally committed to as part of the supplier contract agreement.
- Engineering Degree
- Profession designation, PMP
- 15+ years of direct experience in the industrial food, beverage or brewing manufacturing sector
- Variety of experience with various processes: bulk materials handling, CIP, filtration, utilities & services, filling and packaging, cartoners and case packers, palletizers
- Diverse technical process systems understanding, complimented with a keen eye and willingness to dive into the details and trouble shoot where appropriate, to ensure system performances are measured and achieved
- Excellent English communication skills (verbal and written)
- Exceptional project, time and priority management skills
- Strong leadership, negotiation and facilitation skills
- Ability to effectively interact with and communicate to all levels of a manufacturing organization - shop floor to board room
- Ability to effectively interact with and lead outside contractors and service suppliers
- Demonstrated ability to lead diverse project teams of 10 or more to include engineers, designers, automation specialists, mechanical/electrical contractors, customer personnel etc.
- General understanding of regulatory requirements for electrical and safety systems i.e. CSA, ESA, etc.
- Good comprehension of construction work and its safety requirements
- Able to accommodate travel to deliver against client project mandates outside the GTA if and where necessary.
Junior Automation Specialist
A junior automation specialist with McRae Integration, reporting to the Automation Manager, is responsible for assisting with preparation of electrical designs for control panels, developing PLC and HMI applications, installing the applications at our client's facility and preparing documentation (design documents as well as end-user manuals).
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical, Mechatronics, Mechanical, or Systems Design Engineering preferred (other disciplines will be considered depending on experience) or
- College Diploma based on an electrical, controls and automation or systems design field
- Legally eligible to work in Canada
- A strong desire to learn, coupled with the ability to think and work independently on the job
- Willingness and ability to travel within North America for project support where needed
- A valid Class G or G2 license and a vehicle for transportation
- Experience in process control and automation
- Experience working in an industrial environment
- Experience with programmable logic controllers (PLCs) - Allen-Bradley (SLC, PLC-5, & Logix Families) preferred (GE, Siemens, Omron are also acceptable)
- Experience with HMI and/or SCADA development - FactoryTalk View ME/SE preferred (Wonderware, iFIX are also acceptable)
- Experience with database development (SQL Server preferred, Oracle is also acceptable)
- Development experience with C#, vb.net, Java, or other high level languages would be considered an asset
- Secondary languages such as French
What McRae Can Offer:
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive extended health benefits
- Open, friendly and casual work environment
- Profit sharing and RRSP matching
An automation specialist with McRae Integration is a dedicated and professional PLC specialist with experience in industrial automation. The candidate should have a proven background of successful installation and commissioning in one or more of McRae's focus disciplines. They should have strong teamwork skills and be capable of leading multidisciplinary commissioning teams. A successful candidate would write structured and organized code and be capable of contributing to and enhancing McRae's PLC coding standards.
Senior Automation Specialist
A senior automation specialist with McRae Integration is considered an expert in PLC, HMI, and SCADA automation or business system interfaces, such as database and shop-floor information systems. This candidate should demonstrate technical expertise, teamwork skills, and the ability to successfully execute highly-technical solo assignments.