Health & Safety Coordinator
The Health & Safety Coordinator (HSC) will provide leadership, direction, training, expertise, development and implementation of health and safety programs to McRae Integration Ltd employees, supervisors and contractors. The HSC will also provide leadership and support in managing compliance with all health and safety laws. The HSC will work closely with the JHSC, managers, supervisors and individual employees to promote occupational health and safety within the facilities to develop safer, healthier and more efficient methods of working. To be successful in this role, the incumbent must be hands on and possess the ability to lead, manage, and influence change. Show more.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Administer the company Health and Safety management system which includes setting standards, communication, training, evaluation and continuous improvement
- Conduct safety orientation for new hires, temporary staff, and contractors as required
- Manage incident investigations to determine root cause, ensure corrective action(s) have been implemented and proper closure is obtained
- Identify and assess potential hazards, providing recommendations to correct the hazard(s), and follow up on implemented recommendations
- Provide additional safety support to Project Managers overseeing construction projects
- Monitor training records and refresh dates
- Maintain stock of personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Maintain company profiles with third-party contractor safety auditing sites including ISNetworld, Avetta (formerly PICS) and ContractorCheck
- Lead the activities and responsibilities of the Joint Health and Safety Committee, working closely with committee representatives and management
- Prepare monthly safety reports
- Aid in contractor pre-qualification and post-job evaluation
- Inspect and maintain first aid kits and AEDs
- Maintain valid MSDS/SDS for hazardous materials on site
- WSIB: Manage worker compensation claims and return to work programs. Renew clearance certificates
- Act as primary contact representing the Corporation’s interests in dealing with government and regulatory officials on compliance matters
- Other duties as assigned
- Post-secondary degree/diploma in Occupational Health and Safety or equivalent
- Minimum of 2 years work experience in a similar role
- Comprehensive knowledge of Canadian Health and Safety related legislation, regulations, and standards
- Project management experience and methodology an asset
- Consultation and program development skills
- Exceptional interpersonal and influencing skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including facilitation skills
- Strong critical thinking skill when dealing with complex matters
- Strong computer skills including working knowledge of Microsoft Windows and Office
- Valid Ontario driver’s license and own transportation for local travel
- Will be required to wear protective equipment in designate areas such as: hard hat, safety glasses, hearing protection, and steel-toed safety boots
- May be exposed to cold, heat and humidity, loud noise levels, and dust
- Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals
- Local travel 10-15%
- Overtime as required
We are committed to providing an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process and work environment. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise of any accommodations needed to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process. Any information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially. We are an equal opportunity employer. It is our policy to recruit applicants, with emphasis on selecting the best qualified person for the job. For this reason, the selection process will include, but is not limited to, testing on the requirements listed above and a background check.
How to Apply
Interested applicants are encouraged to submit their resume along with salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please specify the job title in the subject line.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.
An automation specialist with McRae Integration is a dedicated and professional PLC specialist with experience in industrial automation. The candidate should have a proven background of successful installation and commissioning in one or more of McRae's focus disciplines. They should have strong teamwork skills and be capable of leading multidisciplinary commissioning teams. A successful candidate would write structured and organized code and be capable of contributing to and enhancing McRae's PLC coding standards.
Senior Automation Specialist
A senior automation specialist with McRae Integration is considered an expert in PLC, HMI, and SCADA automation or business system interfaces, such as database and shop-floor information systems. This candidate should demonstrate technical expertise, teamwork skills, and the ability to successfully execute highly-technical solo assignments.