Careers at McRae Integration
McRae Integration Ltd. seeks out highly competent individuals with integrity who are able to work well with others and become an important addition to a customer's team. If you are interested in any of the listed positions, please submit your resume to email@example.com with a cover letter telling us about yourself and your ideas.
Junior Automation Specialist
A junior automation specialist with McRae Integration, reporting to the Automation Manager, is responsible for assisting with preparation of electrical designs for control panels, developing PLC and HMI applications, installing the applications at our client's facility and preparing documentation (design documents as well as end-user manuals).
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical, Mechatronics, Mechanical, or Systems Design Engineering preferred (other disciplines will be considered depending on experience) or
- College Diploma based on an electrical, controls and automation or systems design field
- Legally eligible to work in Canada
- A strong desire to learn, coupled with the ability to think and work independently on the job
- Willingness and ability to travel within North America for project support where needed
- A valid Class G or G2 license and a vehicle for transportation
- Experience in process control and automation
- Experience working in an industrial environment
- Experience with programmable logic controllers (PLCs) - Allen-Bradley (SLC, PLC-5, & Logix Families) preferred (GE, Siemens, Omron are also acceptable)
- Experience with HMI and/or SCADA development - FactoryTalk View ME/SE preferred (Wonderware, iFIX are also acceptable)
- Experience with database development (SQL Server preferred, Oracle is also acceptable)
- Development experience with C#, vb.net, Java, or other high level languages would be considered an asset
- Secondary languages such as French
What McRae Can Offer:
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive extended health benefits
- Open, friendly and casual work environment
- Profit sharing and RRSP matching
An automation specialist with McRae Integration is a dedicated and professional PLC specialist with experience in industrial automation. The candidate should have a proven background of successful installation and commissioning in one or more of McRae's focus disciplines. They should have strong teamwork skills and be capable of leading multidisciplinary commissioning teams. A successful candidate would write structured and organized code and be capable of contributing to and enhancing McRae's PLC coding standards.
Senior Automation Specialist
A senior automation specialist with McRae Integration is considered an expert in PLC, HMI, and SCADA automation or business system interfaces, such as database and shop-floor information systems. This candidate should demonstrate technical expertise, teamwork skills, and the ability to successfully execute highly-technical solo assignments.